Do not underestimate electricity. It’s one of the most useful energy sources on the planet, but also one of the most dangerous to the human body. Being struck by enough volts at once in just the right place can kill you faster than you can process what just happened. However, electricians are expensive, so there’s a temptation to DIY electrical repair. While some jobs are fine, others require the touch and tools of a professional. So, if you’re iffy about hiring an electrician in Exeter, be sure that you’re hiring them for one of these following, potentially life-threatening electrical jobs.
#1. Doing anything with service lugs
If you don’t know what those are, then you should never, ever touch them. For added context, service lugs are the large screw terminals/posts that secure the service cables to the circuit breaker. The main thing to note about them is that they are always hot from the electricity, even when the power is turned off. If there is something wrong with them or the cables they’re attached to, ask an electrician to look at it, because these screws and the cables they’re attached to can cause some serious damage if you aren’t careful.
#2. Mess with the Weatherhead
Don’t even think about it, friend. For those not in the know, the Weatherhead, or service mast, is the metal pole connecting your house to the electrical service lines.
#3. Electrical Work Behind the Walls of Your Home
If there are fixtures that must be removed to repair an electrical component in your home, you need to call an electrician. A misstep behind that walls may cause an electrical fire in your home if not done correctly. You also need to protect yourself from being liable for those damages to your home, especially if you are renting.
While it is safe for certain electrical repairs to be done DIY, with others, professionals like Sunflower Electrical Services should be trusted instead.
For generations, fossil fuels have been the main source used to help create electricity that is required by home and commercial property owners. Electricity is required to supply energy to a building to provide lighting and used to operate a variety of appliances or equipment. Unfortunately, the source of fossil fuel is dwindling way to contribute to the high cost of energy and contributing to the pollution in the environment. Fortunately, there is a solution available by using renewable energy to reduce the impact on the environment and lower the cost of using energy to power a building. An Electrician in Exeter can provide information on how solar panels can help save on energy and use the sun as the main source of powering a residential or commercial property.
How Solar Panels Can Help Save Money
* Reduces the need for fossil fuel to be used to supply power and converts the sun’s energy to provide power to a building.
* Solar panels can reduce or eliminate the need for an outside electrical company to supply power to the building saving the owner cost on energy bills.
* Increases the resale value of the building if the owner decides to sell their home or business.
* They are environmentally-friendly and save on resources used to create energy.
* Home and business owners can receive credit from the government by using a renewable source to power their property.
Obtain a Free Estimation Today!
Sunflower Electrical Services offers a cost-efficient solution to their clients in powering their home or business. A skilled technician can provide a no-obligation estimate on how much it would cost to convert to a renewable energy source. From solar panels to energy-efficient lighting, they can provide the information you need to learn how you can save money on how much energy your home or business uses.
Have you noticed the lights flickering in your home recently? Perhaps, you have been experiencing a problem with your electrical outlets. Whatever the sign may be that you are experiencing a problem with your electricity, it is important to call in a professional. An electrical system is multifaceted and can be difficult to track down the main source of your problem when there is an issue with your electricity. If you attempt to fix the problem on your own, you could be missing the root of the problem and create a bigger issue than you had before. Fortunately, an electrician in Devon has the knowledge and skills required to fix any electrical problem you are experiencing.
Advantages of Hiring an Expert
An electrician in Devon will have the training and experience required to know most electrical issues and how to solve them. They will know how to track the issue to the source and can determine the most cost-efficient way to fix the problem. You will not have to worry about an electrical problem going undetected that can be an extreme safety hazard. An electrician can thoroughly inspect the system to determine not only what the problem is but any future issues you could be facing that should be immediately repaired. While homeowners dread the thought of hiring an expert, overtime they can help save them problems by reducing the chance of a high-energy bill due to an electrical problem.
Keep Your Home Safe by Consulting a Professional Today
An electrical problem should not be ignored and requires the attention of an expert immediately. You are not only risking the chance of a high utility bill; an electrical issue can be a safety hazard. When left unattended, you are risking the chance of a fire occurring or someone being injured by an electrical shock. Sunflower Electrical Services can offer you highly-trained technicians that can get to the source of your problem and find the right answer that fits within your budget.
Whether you are constructing a new business or building a new home, you require the services of a professional electrician to wire the new building for you. From connecting the circuit breaker to installing an alarm system, it is important to hire professional electrical contractors in Exeter to complete the work for you. An experienced contractor will have the training required to complete the project correctly the first time and reduce the chances of a costly mistake being made. They can provide general electrical work and offer specialized services that meet your specific needs in supplying electricity to your home or business.
What to Consider when Hiring a Contractor
1. When hiring an electrician, you want to choose one that you feel comfortable working on your electrical system.
2. They should be an established company that has years of experience working on various electrical projects.
3. Electrical contractors in Exeter should know the safety regulations required to adequately work on any system to ensure your electrical system meets the state’s requirements.
4. What type of services do they offer? While some contractors only provide wiring services, other workers offer solar panel and alarm system installation.
5. What type of training and certification does the contractor have? Does the company require their workers to continue their training by learning the latest information offered on electrical work?
Choose a Company You Trust
Installing or repairing electrical wires can be complex, you do not want to risk your home or business by hiring an untrained professional. Sunflower Electrical Services has 16 years of experience working in the trade and finding the right solution that meets their clients’ specific needs. Whether you are installing a new electrical system in a building or need to update your existing one, they can provide the professionalism and experience that you are looking for.
Electricity is vital to any residential or commercial property, it is used to provide adequate lighting to a building. Along with supplying the power that is required to operate home appliances and commercial equipment. If there is a problem with the electrical system in a building, it can lead to outlets not working or lights flickering that can be bothersome. Depending on the issue, it can even lead to circuits being blown that make it difficult to supply power to a building. While it may be tempting to fix the issue yourself or hire an untrained professional, you would greatly benefit from hiring certified electrical contractors in Devon for your electrical needs.
Why You Should Hire an Expert
* They have the training and experience required to work on any electrical problem.
* Electrical contractors in Devon will know the most common problems and how to fix them to reduce the amount of time spent fixing the issue.
* Electricity is complex and can be difficult to setup correctly, you can avoid paying for costly repairs later by hiring an expert now to correctly install new electrical wiring.
* Electricity is dangerous to work with if you do not know what you are doing. A professional can minimize the risk of being injured while working with electrical wiring.
* If the job is not done correctly, it can be a safety hazard that can cause fires or electrical shocks.
* A professional will know the latest technology available and techniques used to help save you money.
Have Peace of Mind with Expert Help
While you may think of saving money now by completing the electrical work on your own, it can be a costly mistake that you will pay for later. Sunflower Electrical Services has the expertise you need when it comes to working on your electrical system. From installing a new alarm system to updating lighting, they have the experience you are looking for to meet your electrical needs.