Benefits of Blinds over Curtains
Blinds offer several advantages over traditional curtains and can transform your home’s décor from ordinary too extraordinary. Blinds in Glasgow shops offer everything you need to enhance your home’s look. Whether you’re looking to redecorate your bedroom or you are completely renovating your kitchen, blinds can give you the effect you want. Here are just a few advantages of blinds over curtains:
* Manage and filter the amount of light: With traditional curtains, you either have them open or closed in order to filter the lights. With blinds, you can control not only if light comes in, but how much, just by a simple adjustment. This is perfect for a nursery, when you want a darker environment for baby’s naptime, or in your living room when you want to watch your favourite television show.
* Easier to maintain: Traditional curtains typically require specialized cleaning; blinds are much easier to clean and maintain. Daily maintenance can be done with a simple duster; deeper cleaning can be done by removing them and dipping them in a tubful of water.
* Reduce energy costs: Because you can better control the amount of light and heat that get in, you can reduce your energy costs in both summer and winter. In the summer, keep the blinds closed during the day, and in winter open them up to let light and heat filter through.
* Blinds don’t absorb smells: Curtains in the kitchen can absorb the smell over time; blinds do not absorb any smell, so they stay fresh looking and your kitchen will always smell fresh; not of what you cooked last week.
* More durable than curtains: If you have a kitten and curtains, you know how difficult it can be to maintain their pristine condition. Cats won’t ruin blinds, as they are more durable and can stand up to anything your cat can do.
Blinds in Glasgow shops can give you the look you need when it comes to creating a warm and inviting home. Select Blinds have been manufacturing a wide range of blinds and curtains for clients in Glasgow and the surrounding areas for years.