Forms of Discrimination that Are Illegal in the Workplace
There are a few types of discrimination that are illegal no matter what field you work in. Whether you are in construction or work in a diner or work as a teacher or a nurse, discrimination is wrong and will not be tolerated, no matter the reason. With that being said, the best way to handle discrimination in the workplace is first to report it and if you don’t get results, then contact an employment lawyer solicitor in Portsmouth to help you file and bring a case to court against the defending party. Some of the different types of discrimination in the workplace are listed below.
It is totally against the law to deny employment or fire someone due to their age. These can include the following:
* Putting an advertisement out for someone to join a “young” team
* Not interviewing an applicant because they are too young or too old for the job
* Not hiring workers who are young, because you think they will move onto another job in short order
* Forcing someone to retire because you feel they are too old to work anymore
This type of discrimination is a biggie no matter where you work. Some examples are listed below.
* Denying a woman employment because you don’t think she will “fit in” with the males
* Paying women and men differently for the same work because one is a woman
* Insisting that women wear short skirts or other attire to work that a man would not have to wear
These are just a few of the different types of discrimination in the workplace. If you feel that you are a victim of any of these, please contact the professionals at Amanda Capon Solicitors today for help.