What Should You Expect After Vaccinations in Durham?
Many pet parents are familiar with the vaccinations in Durham their beloved pets need in order to be healthy, happy, and within the law. However, are you prepared for what comes after the vaccinations are over? What should you expect in the hours and days after your beloved animal is vaccinated? Read on below to find out.
Possible Reactions to Vaccinations
As with any type of shot, medicine, or other drug, there are possible reactions that your pet could suffer after vaccinations in Durham. Some of the ones to watch out for are listed below.
* Discomfort at the site of the shot
* A small fever
* Not much desire to play or eat
* Some sneezing, but not overly
* Swelling in the injection area or the face. If this doesn’t go away, you should contact your vet.
Rare and Severe Reactions
* A sudden and severe change in their attitude and behaviour in a few hours after the shots are given
* A tumour could develop weeks or even months after the vaccination is given
While these types of severe reactions are rare, they have happened before. If you see any of them in your pet after vaccinations, contact your vet right away for treatment.
Should You Really Vaccinate?
This is a debate that has been going on forever. The answer to the question is a resounding yes. The vaccinations are affordable, they are effective, and severe reactions are extremely rare. It is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to protecting your beloved pet. Wouldn’t you think?
These are just a few of the things that you should know about the few hours after your pet is vaccinated. If you see any rare reactions contact your vet right away. The mild reactions are okay unless they get worse. For more information, contact the professionals at Ashfield Veterinary Surgery today.